That’s OK. In fact, many people find themselves in just this situation. You don’t have to own a vehicle to use an ignition interlock device. What do you do?

One option would be to have an ignition interlock device installed into a family member’s or friend’s car. Laws vary from state to state regarding this scenario, and you may be required to have a signed note from the vehicle’s owner granting permission to install the ignition interlock. For this reason, make sure you choose a knowledgeable provider with a reputable history in your state.  These companies will be able to help guide you step by step through all the decisions you’ll need to make.

A second option would be to use a portable alcohol monitoring device. There are a variety of these types of devices to choose from and your court will have the specific requirements for your interlock term.